Raleigh attorney Nam Douglass was recently awarded the title of Board Certified Specialist in Immigration Law by the North Carolina State Bar. Ms. Douglass has been an associate in the Raleigh law firm of Gardner Law since 2017. She concentrates her practice in the areas of employment-based immigration, I-9 compliance, visas for athletes and extraordinary individuals, and humanitarian visas.
Ms. Douglass received her B.A. in History with a minor in Economics and a master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, both from Virginia Tech. She earned her J.D. from Campbell Law, graduating cum laude. She is also a member of the Carolinas Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and has spoken at various seminars on immigration.
Board certification recognizes those lawyers that have demonstrated specialized knowledge, skill, and proficiency in their specific area of expertise. Less than 4% of all North Carolina attorneys achieve this elite status. To become a board certified specialist in immigration law, a lawyer must meet the following rigorous standards:
- Be an active member in good standing with the North Carolina State Bar for at least five years,
- Devote at least 25% of her practice to immigration during the past five years,
- Attend continuing legal education seminars on immigration law,
- Be favorably evaluated by other NC lawyers and judges, and
- Pass a 6-hour written examination on immigration law.
We are so proud that the NC State Bar has recognized Nam as an Immigration Law Specialist. Gardner Law, PLLC is a full-service immigration law firm in downtown Raleigh. For more information and to hire one of the best teams in the business, contact us at (919) 987-2101, email@example.com, or www.gardnerlawpllc.com.