Gigi Gardner is the founder and owner of Gardner Law. During her legal career, she has enabled thousands of immigrants from all over the world and all walks of life to achieve their unique American dream. She views her profession as a calling to serve others in need and advocate for those facing injustice.
Gigi was born and raised in Clayton. She comes from a long line of subsistence farmers who immigrated to America from England and have called North Carolina home since colonial times. Her father is a retired State Highway Patrolman who served Johnston County for 25 years. Her mother is a retired beautician who owned and operated Milady Hairstyling in Clayton for 40 years. Growing up, she watched the Hispanic community bloom in North Carolina, which drove her desire to become fluent in Spanish.
Gigi decided she wanted to be a lawyer in elementary school, but her passion for immigration was ignited while she was teaching English as a second language in San Jose, Costa Rica and Mexico City, Mexico between undergrad and law school. There she taught business English to local employees of multi-national corporations and witnessed globalization firsthand. Now she has made it her life’s work to do everything in her power to build bridges between two cultures that in her opinion are much more similar than they are different.
In her free time, Gigi enjoys seeing live music, snowboarding, scuba diving, and exploring the world.
- Supreme Court of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Gardner Law, PLLC
Manage a full-service boutique immigration law firm of 6 full-time employees.
Practice completely dedicated to any and all areas immigration law, including employment-based, family based, nonimmigrant visas, humanitarian visas, bonds, removal defense, naturalization and citizenship,
federal litigation and appeals, and I-9 and E-Verify compliance.
Batch, Poore & Williams, PC
Practiced immigration, criminal defense, family and civil law statewide.
Nunley & Associates, PLLC
Practiced criminal defense in District and Superior Court in Wake County.
Practiced immigration law before the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) in Charlotte and
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in Durham and Charlotte.
Campbell University School of Law
Juris Doctor, Advocacy Track
NC State Bar Pro Bono Service Award
Pro Bono Publico Award
Eighth Amendment Book Award
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Minor in Spanish
Universidad de Sevilla
Summer study abroad and cultural immersion program
Clayton High School
Fluent in Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing)
Wake County Chapter of the ACLU of North Carolina
Board of Directors
- Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
- Morrisville Chamber of Commerce
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
Awards, Certifications & Accreditations
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Super Lawyers North Carolina Rising Star in Immigration
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite in Immigration
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Woman Owned Small Business certification
- North Carolina Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) certification
- BBB A+ Accredited Business